We are pleased to announce that Dr. Brian Rush, Scientist Emeritus with the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, has joined the HRI team as Senior Scientist.
Dr. Rush is a leading international expert in program and policy evaluation. With a research career that spans nearly 40 years, he has a particular interest in performance-measurement systems for substance abuse, problem gambling and mental health services. Dr. Rush will play an integral role in further developing the Recovery Journey Project at HRI.
The Recovery Journey Project is a rigorous data-collection system that allows for the ongoing evaluation of mental health and addiction treatment at Homewood Health Centre in Guelph, Ontario. The system holds great potential for guiding improvements to care in Canada and beyond.
Led by Dr. Jean Costello, Research and Evaluation Scientist, the Recovery Journey Project is a flagship model that can be adapted for use in a range of treatment settings to measure recovery outcomes. Dr. Rush will work alongside Dr. Costello as the Recovery Journey Project expands.
Recovery Journey Project Highlights:
- One of Canada’s only longitudinal studies measuring mental health and addiction recovery success
- Helps us monitor and evaluate treatment quality and effectiveness
- Generates knew knowledge about the recovery process
- Can help determine how best to use limited resources to help as many people as possible
- Adaptable to fit other treatment domains and settings