Homewood Research Institute
150 Delhi Street
Guelph, ON N1E 6K9
Phone: (519) 824-1010 ext. 32160
Fax: (519) 767-3571
Homewood Research Institute is housed in the Riverslea mansion. Originally named HAFOD, Riverslea was built in 1890/91 by James and Frances Goldie. It is built of red-brown granite stone from northern New York State. The nine fireplaces in this home are made of marble from Italy. James Goldie owned the Goldie flour mill, the ruins of which can be found off Norwich Street. The mansion was sold in 1918 to Frances & Flora Hall. Homewood purchased Riverslea in 1946 as a patient ward and continued to house up to 26 patients until 1991.